Looking for an easy pot roast recipe? Check this one out!
Tender and Juicy Dutch Oven Pot Roast
by Kathy Jacobs
|5 pound pot roast |
|4 potatoes |
|3 onions |
|6 carrots |
|Garlic powder or salt |
|Onion powder or salt |
- Cut potatoes, onions, and carrots into pieces. Set aside.
- Rub pot roast with the garlic and onion powders.
- In a fry pan or liner pan, brown sides quickly to seal juices.
- Place pot roast in liner pan.
- Surround with vegetable pieces. Do not over fill the liner. If you can't see the meat, you have too many vegetable pieces.
- Place liner pan in prepared Dutch Oven.
- Cook for 2 to 2.5 hours at about 325 degrees. Don't peek too often, as opening the lid lets out the steam. The steam is what keeps the roast moist and tender.
- Meat is done when tender.
- Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before carving to eat.
If you are feeding a group, do one pot roast per Dutch Oven. Stack the Dutch Ovens with coals on the bottom of the stack, between each oven, and on the top of each stack. For safety reasons, don't stack more than 3 or 4 high.