by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
Looking for a different stew for your next camp out? Try this Lamb stew recipe.
- 3 pounds boneless lamb stewing meat -- well trimmed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 14 oz can beef broth
- 4 potatoes -- peeled and cubed
- 3 large carrots -- peeled, sliced thin
- 8 small white onions
- 1 10 oz pkg. frozen peas
- In zipper bag, combine flour, salt, and sugar. Shake to mix well. Add meat to bag. Shake again to coat meat.
- Peel and cut potatoes and carrots.
- Pour beef broth into potje or other large stewpot. Add all other ingredients, except spices.
- Place potje or stewpot over coals.
- Cook for 2 hours or until meat is done, stirring occasionally. Add spices after one hour.
Do not add extra liquid. The meat and vegetables will add liquid as they cook. Also, do a taste test before serving to check if stew has enough flavor.