by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
Fun appetizer or lunch for a Mexican party or hike!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 small (4 ounce) can mild green chilies, drained and chopped fine
- 1 small (4 ounce) can pitted black olives, drained and sliced
- 5 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- Accompaniment: bottled tomato salsa
- In a bowl stir together cream cheese and chili powder until smooth.
- Stir in onion, coriander, chilies, olives, and salt and pepper to taste, stirring until blended well.
- Spread about 1/3 cup cream cheese mixture over each tortilla and roll up tightly jellyroll fashion.
- Chill tortilla rolls, seam sides down and individually wrapped in plastic, at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Trim ends off each tortilla roll and cut roll into about 1 ¼ inch pieces.
- Serve pinwheels at room temperature with salsa.
Makes snacks for about 15 or meal for 5.