Very Quick Vegetable Salad
by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
This quick and easy vegetable salad can be made ahead in a zipper bag. Carry it with you on a hike for healthy snacking!
- 2 cups grated raw carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts and seeds
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice or vinegar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Bean sprouts
- Italian salad dressing to taste or 2 Tbs. honey or sugar
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 cup chopped celery, cabbage or beets
- Mix everything well and serve.
If you're not sure about adding a sweetener, just set aside a few bites of salad and add a dab of honey or sugar. This salad is easily prepared in a plastic sack.