Two Cool Salads
by Kathy Jacobs
Looking for a cool salad for a side dish? Try one of these two: Apple, Carrot, Pineapple Salad or Cucumber Salad.
Apple, Carrot, Pineapple Salad
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 or 4 carrots
- 3 apples
- Can of shredded pineapple
- 1 teaspoon celery seed (if desired)
- Slice carrots and apples.
- In medium bowl, stir together carrots, apples, pineapple, and juice from can.
- Set in cooler to chill and meld until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, stir in yogurt and celery seed until salad sticks together.
- Serve immediately.
- 2 or 3 cucumbers
- 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- Flavored vinegar for dressing
- 2 teaspoons marjoram
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 3 or 4 sliced green onions
- Peel cucumbers if desired.
- Slice cucumbers thinly.
- Place in non-metal bowl.
- Toss with salt.
- Set in cooler to chill for 1 hour.
- Drain, rinse with cool water if desired.
- Add vinegar, spices, and onions.
- Toss again.
- Set aside to chill until ready to eat.