Castilian Skillet Dinner
by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
Unique ground beef dish with a Spanish flair
- 2 Pounds ground beef
- 6 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Cup pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 1 Cup canned garbanzos, drained
- 1 Cup seedless raisins
- 4 Cups V-8 vegetable juice
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- 1 Teaspoon thyme
- 1 Teaspoon marjoram
- œ Teaspoon pepper
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and brown the ground beef in it.
- Push meat aside and add the chopped onion. Sauté onions for about 5 minutes.
- Mix meat and onions together.
- Add the chopped olives, garbanzo beans, raisins, vegetable juice and spices.
- Simmer gently, covered, until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- If you feel the mixture is getting a little dry add some water.
Serve wrapped in warmed soft-shell flour tortillas or over rice.