Veggie Garden Rice
by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
Easy rice and beans recipe. Can be made over propane stove or coals.
- 2 cups converted white rice, washed and drained
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tsp. Ground cumin
- 1 can (14 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14 oz.) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Cilantro, parsley or green onion
- In a nonstick fry pan, sauté onions until soft.
- Add rice and cook 2-3 more minutes.
- Add broth, salsa, and cumin.
- Stir to mix.
- Simmer covered for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in corn and kidney beans.
- Simmer covered until all moisture is absorbed.