Fiesta Wrap Sandwiches Made with Chicken Breasts
by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
- 10 Large Tortillas
- 8 oz. Cream cheese
- 1 bottle medium salsa
- 1 medium onion
- Pre-cooked chicken (we use Louis Rich packaged, but any will do) ? 10 servings
- 1 Tbs. Oil
- Sour Cream
- Warm tortillas, either singly or in one batch. To warm singly, heat a dry fry pan and place each tortilla in the fry pan for 15-20 seconds per side. Set each aside. Wrap all in foil to keep warm. To warm together, place in covered pan on low heat until warmed through.
- Prepare spread. Mix cream cheese with œ of salsa in bowl. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare filling. Slice onion. Fry in oil until translucent. Add chicken. Season lightly with cilantro, garlic, chili powder, etc. Cook until chicken is heated, stirring constantly.
- Prepare toppings. Shred lettuce. Grate cheese. Chop tomato. Set each out in individual bowls, along with other desired toppings.
- When it is time to eat, assemble the wraps. Spread each tortilla with the cream cheese and salsa spread. Add meat and onion filling. Cover with desired topping. Roll fajita style or fold taco or burrito style. Wraps may be eaten hot or cold.
- Tuna salad filing
Cold red bean, salsa, onion, cheese and tomato filing
- Chop up the tomato and onion, place in bowl
- Add salsa
- Grate cheese and place in separate bowl
- Drain one can of red kidney beans and place in bowl
- American cheese, green peppers, and mayo
- Egg salad (easy on the mayo or it gets to squishy)
- Cream cheese and strawberries, or strawberry jam
- American cheese and salami and lettuce, or hold the salami.
- Cream cheese & olives
- Sliced beef & cream cheese