Ground Beef Stroganoff with Noodles Romanoff
by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
Looking for an easy stroganoff? Check out this pair. Both rich and tasty, these recipes are made with ingredients that keep well in the cooler.
Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1/2 cup minced onion (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1 can (8 oz.) mushroom pieces with ½ of liquid reserved
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 Tbs. Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tall can evaporated milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Cook onion and meat until meat is brown.
- Add flour, salt, pepper, mushrooms, and liquid.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add soup, simmer 10 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk and heat, stirring, until heated through.
- Serve over plain egg noodles or Noodles Romanoff.
- 2 8 ounce packages uncooked wide egg noodles
- 4 cups sour cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs. Chopped chive
- 1 tsp. Salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper (optional)
- 2 large cloves of garlic crushed, or equivalent dried garlic
- 4 tbs. Margarine or butter
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- Mix sour cream, half of Parmesan cheese, chives, salt, pepper, and garlic together in bowl and set aside.
- Stir margarine into noodles.
- Stir in sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Serve from pan or platter.