Praline - Peach Dessert
by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
This sinfully delicious peach dessert goes well over ice cream, pound cake, or angel food cake. It is also delicious by itself.
- œ cup packed brown sugar
- œ cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter
- 3 cups sliced peaches
- 6 slices angel food or pound cake
- Heat brown sugar, almonds, and margarine in fry pan until boiling.
- Reduce heat and stir in peach pieces.
- Cover and simmer 3 minutes or until peaches are hot.
- Serve over cake either hot or cold.
The above proportions are for fresh peaches. If using frozen peach slices, let them thaw before cooking. If using canned peach slices, drain them before cooking.
This sauce also goes well over vanilla ice cream. I have even put this filling in a pie shell as a peach praline pie. If doing this, use a double batch of filling for a deep dish pie or a single batch for a regular pie.