One Pan Spaghetti
by Kathy Jacobs
Looking for a great spaghetti recipe? This one cooks the noodles in the sauce for a richer flavor. Comes in both meat and meatless varieties.
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (12 oz.)
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- Oregano to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Onion powder to taste
- 1 small package spagetti noodles
- In medium pot or fry pan, mix together all ingredients except the noodles.
- Continue to stir.
- Bring sauce to simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add uncooked noodles and 2 cups of water.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until noodles are done.
- Add more liquid if needed.
- Serve warm.
Cooking the noodles in the sauce gives them a richer flavor than cooking them separately. It also saves on cleanup time.