Chicken Noodle Soup
by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
Looking for a fairly quick, yet hearty lunch? Check out this Chicken Noodle Soup. Prep time can be reduced by chopping the vegetables ahead of time. Once everything is in the pot, it will heat quickly. Once it is heated, it can sit on the stove until you are ready to eat.
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 1 or 2 cups Water
- 2 cans Chicken chunks
- 2 medium stalks celery, sliced
- 2 Carrots(thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Pam Equivalent
- In a large pot, boil chicken broth, water, salt, pepper, parsley and thyme.
- When boiling, add in the chicken chunks and carrots.
- Boil for 3 to 5 minutes, and add in the celery.
- Put heat on medium-high. Cook 10 minutes or until carrots start to soften.
- Add noodles and corn, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until the noodles are cooked.
- Simmer until ready to serve.
To stretch this recipe, increase either the noodles, the water, or both. If you like the broth to have a stronger chicken flavor, add chicken bouillon when you add the extra water.