Acorn Squash with Sugar & Cranberries
by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
Looking to get some vegetables into the menu while you are Dutch Ovening? Try this great recipe. It even turned Kathy (a dedicated squash hater) into a lover of squash.
- 3 acorn squash, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Dice squash into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add squash and sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar, cranberries, onion and parsley.
- Sauté until onions are wilted, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and season to taste using salt and pepper.
- Pour into liner pan and place in Dutch Oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Serve immediately.