by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
Great chicken soup!
- 1.25 cup Bear Creek Cheddar Broccoli Soup Mix
- 3 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup dried Mushroom Slices
- 2 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Liberal amount of Garlic Powder
- Dutch Oven, with liner pan and thermometer
- Cutting board and knife
- Small bowl for reconstituting mushrooms
- Pour water over mushroom slices to re-constitute.
- Mix milk and soup mix into liner pan.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and water.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces.
- Stir chicken pieces into liner pan.
- Let mixture stand while starting coals.
- When coals are ready, put liner in DO and cook at 325.
- Dish is done when mixture reaches temperature of 175.
When cooking for two, we do this in a 10 inch Dutch Oven. When cooking for four, we do it in a 12 inch Dutch Oven.