by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
Bruce and I went to make 5 can casserole the other night from memory. Our memory was wrong, but the results were right. Here's the recipe if you want to try it. (Why EB casserole? For Even Better!)
- 1 large can chicken, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can cream corn
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 1 - 2 cans can mushrooms, drained
- 1 bag dried cheddar cheese soup mix
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 can milk or water
- 1/2 strip Townhouse style crackers (crushed) or 1 can chow mien noodles
- Mix all ingredients except crackers/noodles with one can of water or milk.
- Grease a liner pan (if using one).
- Pour mixture into liner pan or dutch oven.
- Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour.
- Open dutch oven lid, stir, cover casserole with crackers/noodles.
- Bake until heated through and crackers/noodles brown.
The longer this cooks, the better the flavors meld. Ideas for even better
- Add 1 small container sour cream.
- Add some spice (just enough to taste).
- Add 1 package biscuit mix to make a crust.