Baked Steak Dinner
by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
Looking for a great meal that doesn't take much preparation, but which will really wow the group eating with you? Make this great steak recipe, add a simple salad and desert, and voila - Instant gourmet!
- 1/2 pound steak per person
- 2 lemons (or 1/3 cup lemonade mix with sugar)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 bottle Lea and Perins (or similar) Steak Sauce
- Slice lemons thinly if used.
- If mushrooms are not sliced, slice them.
- Place mushrooms in bottom of liner pan.
- Place steak on top of mushrooms in liner pan.
- Place lemons or sprinkle the lemonade mix on top of the steak.
- Pour Steak sauce over the lemons/lemonade.
- Insert food thermometer into steak so you will be able to tell when it is done.
- Bake in Dutch oven for one hour at 350F. If making multiple recipes, increase cooking time. Please check temperature in the middle with a thermometer
When cooking for two, we do this in a 10 inch Dutch oven. When cooking for four, we do it in a 12 inch Dutch oven.
Bruce has discovered a way to make this recipe even easier than it already is. When he cooks it, he coats the steak in lemonade mix (the powdered kind) and skips the fresh lemons. I have started splitting the difference and using one fresh lemon and some lemonade mix. Be sure to use lemonade mix that already has sugar, or you will get an unusual taste.
You can also use canned salsa instead of steak sauce for a different taste .