Herb-Garlic Stuffed Chicken
by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
- 1 Whole Roasting Chicken
- 1 head Garlic
- 1 handful Thyme
- 1 handful Rosemary
- Olive Oil
We use a mixture of savory spices, including (but not limited to) Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, onion powder, salt and pepper. You can use cumin or hot rubs, but be careful not to overpower the rosemary and thyme.
- Wash/Rinse chicken outside and inside.
- Peel garlic cloves.
- Stuff 1/2 of the garlic cloves, the thyme, and the rosemary into the chicken's cavity.
- Rub outside of chicken with olive oil and rubbing herbs.
- Place chicken in liner pan.
- Sprinkle remaining garlic cloves, thyme, and rosemary in pan.
- Place pan in Dutch Oven, cook until internal meat temperature is 175 F