Chicken with Apples
by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
This recipe was adapted from a stuffed apples dish we found while researching for our April 2004 cooking class. We hope you give it a try. The combination of ingredients is a little unusual, but the end result disappeared when the class made it!
- Pam (or equivalent)
- 4-6 apples
- 2 cans chicken
- Several garlic cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 cup +- sugar
- Bread crumbs
- Spray liner pan with Pam or equivalent.
- Core and slice apples and place in liner pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Open cans of chicken and drain.
- Crush garlic cloves and mix into chicken.
- Cover apple slices with chicken.
- Sprinkle ground clove over chicken.
- Cover with bread crumbs.
- Dot with butter.
- Place liner pan in 350 DO.
- Cook until apples are soft and chicken is warm.
- Cool slightly, then EAT!