Ham & Asparagus No-crust Quiche
by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
- 10-15 spears fresh asparagus
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Swiss or Cheddar)
- 1 pound ham (chopped/cubed)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (optional - can use small amount of dried onion instead)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1.5 cups buttermilk baking mix
- Grill asparagus spears slightly (optional).
- Cut asparagus spears into smaller pieces.
- Layer ham, asparagus, and cheese in liner pan.
- In separate bowl beat eggs.
- Add milk and baking mix to eggs and mix.
- Pour egg mixture over layered ingredients in liner pan.
- Bake in 375 degree Dutch Oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Quiche is done when knife inserted in center comes out clean
If desired, you can add 6 oz. of sliced mushrooms when you create the dish layers.