Tomatoes A La Provencal
by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
One of the favorite vegetable dishes of our class attendees. This recipe turned Kathy and Bruce on to cooked tomatoes. We have been amazed by the number of kids who like this recipe even more than the adults do.
- 8 ripe tomatoes or 12 plum tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 Cup fresh bread crumbs
- Finely chopped Italian parsley to taste
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut the tomatoes crosswise into halves.
- Arrange the tomatoes cut side up in a Dutch Oven liner pan. (Do not remove the seeds or drain the tomatoes.)
- Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with the chopped garlic.
- Top with a mixture of the bread crumbs and parsley; drizzle with the olive oil.
- Place liner pan in Dutch oven.
- Bake at 400F for 1 hour or until the tomatoes are tender.
- Serve immediately.