Chicken Kinda Blu
by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
Thanksgiving in a Single Pot!
- Stuffing mix to cover bottom of liner pan about 1/4 inch deep (we use Stove Top Cranberry)
- 1.5 pound chicken breast (boneless, skinless, cut in bite sized pieces)
- 8 ounce ham steak cubed
- 8-10 slices of Colby Jack cheese
- 6 oz. sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 stick of butter
- Dutch Oven, with liner pan
- Food thermometer
- Cutting board and knife
- Something to melt the butter in
- Melt butter.
- Cover bottom of liner pan with stuffing mix.
- Cut chicken breast pieces into smaller pieces (if needed).
- Top with chicken breast pieces.
- Place ham on chicken.
- Cover ham with mushrooms.
- Pour butter over mushrooms.
- Place liner pan in fridge or cooler for 20 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Start coals, when ready, place liner pan in Dutch Oven.
- Cook at 350 F until chicken reaches about 140 F.
- Cover mushrooms with cheese.
- Continue cooking until chicken reaches 180F.
- Remove liner pan from Dutch Oven and serve.