Broccoli & Cream Cheese Medley
by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
Great for vegetarian outdoor cooks and broccoli lovers, this recipe takes a little preparation, but once it is in the Dutch Oven it cooks up in 30 minutes.
- 3 small packages Cream Cheese 8oz (cubed)
- 6 Stalks Broccoli (cut)
- 2-Onions (diced)
- 1 tablespoons Garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Can of Mushrooms (6 ounces) diced
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Seed Kernels
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet, add onions, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Sauté on med./low heat until onions are transparent.
- Add cream cheese, milk and sunflower seed kernels.
- Stir on low heat (do not burn)until cream cheese has made a thick sauce.
- In a separate pan, steam or boil cut broccoli for 3 minutes.
- Fill a Dutch Oven liner pan with alternating layers of cream cheese sauce and broccoli.
- Make sure top layer is cream cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Place liner pan in Dutch Oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 min.