Chocolate Cherry Cobbler Cake
by Kathy and Bruce Jacobs
- 1 can pie cherries (dark cherries preferred)
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- Oil, eggs, etc. as needed for cake mix
- Mix cake mix and ingredients in liner pan, using cherry juice as liquid.
- Add cherries and mix slightly.
- Bake in 350 degree Dutch Oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Cake is done when knife inserted in center comes out clean.
If you really want to impress your guests, bake this in a bundt pan. To do this, mix the ingresients in a separate bowl and then pour batter into the pan. (Mixing in the bundt pan is a real pain!) When the cake is done, let it cool slightly and pop it out of the pan to serve.
If you want to impress them even more, put the cherries in the bundt pan and pour the mixed batter over them. Instead of having them throughout the batter, the cherries will decorate the top of the cake when you turn it over.